Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Fun Monday


Nikki over at My Husband Calls Me Weird is our hostess for Fun Monday this week. Her challenge to us is:
For Monday, September 10th, we are challenged with doing a good deed. I am not looking for a story of when you have offered your help in the past, I actually want you in the next two weeks to go out and help someone. Go visit a nursing home, cook dinner for someone sick or with a new baby, donate to a charity or even send just a "thinking of you card" to someone who needs it. It doesn't matter what your good deed is, or how great it is. It just needs to help someone!
I know it shouldn't be, but this one is hard for me. I always have the best of intentions, but of late seem sorely lacking in follow through. I think when I left my last job I left any organizational and time management skills that I possessed in my top left desk drawer.

So two weeks to do something nice? And what have I accomplished?

Zip. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

However, even though time management and organization are no longer with me, equivocation and snarkiness are still hanging out.

So may I please tell you the things I didn't do this week, which by their omission made things nicer? These are the highlights only, because it's been one wonderful (see equivocation) week.
1. Didn't kill hubby for being hubby
2. Didn't kill Punkin' for peeing and pooping in his pants this week and seeming happy about it
3. Didn't throw all of the toys/clothes/mail/groceries left about the house and not put in their proper places out into the backyard
4. Didn't tell Hubby/Mother/Sister/World-at-Large to talk a flying leap and leave me alone, puh-lease
5. Didn't pack up my laptop, empty the bank accounts, and leave no forwarding address
So life hasn't been kind to me lately. This is my place to complain. I've complained. The end.

I promise my next Fun Monday will be more fun. If I don't respond to your comments, please see #5 above.

24 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

God you make me laugh. I didn't empty my bank account either this week, but only because there were no funds in it. Otherwise I may have been sorely tempted. Definitely, I think not murdering hubby is a good deed.

lisa's chaos said...

Hey those sound like good acts of kindness to me. :)

nikki said...

Letting someone survive is always an act of kindness. Even if deep down inside you wish you hadn't.

Joy T. said...

LOL funny! I can SO relate to #1. And to let our hubby's survivie is definitely an act of kindness. Because sometimes it's damn near impossible not to smack them with a hammer.

Karmyn R said...

Obviously - I needed to come and get you for a Gal's Day Out this weekend!
(that was my Good Deed)

ChrisB said...

You made me laugh, you have definitely shown great kindness this last week :)

Rachel said...

All of those sound extremely kind to me!!

RaeJane said...

hahaha.. I didn't kill hubby for being hubby.
Too true!

c.a. Marks said...

Hey, cool blog. Came in via the Devilish Southern Bell and am sure to be back. Adding you to my google reader right now....thanks.

Kricket said...

I think you deserve the Medal of Honor!!

The Ex said...

It happens to us all it seems! Hope your week gets better. :)

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

You freaking crack me up. My whole good deed was all about your #1!! I'm beginning to wonder if we are secretly sharing a brain??

Robin said...

Having happy peein' and poopin' in the pants is enough to derail anybody! Restraint is sometimes the best kindness you can offer (especially when it involves maiming husband and child!).

Funny way to handle this, love the way Fun Monday originality keeps it fun!

Amy W said...

I put up with my inlaws all weekend, that should be a prize in and of itself!!

Catwoman said...

Empty the bank account, I'll do the same here. You, me, a convertible cadillac and the open road.

What do you say?

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ooo feeling 4 and 5 right now.

You make me larf.
:-D

SwampAngel65 said...

You made me laugh, so that's a good thing! Plus, I it's nice to see that I'm not alone...just wish I had a bank account big enough to allow me to disappear in Bora Bora! If I win the lottery I'll call you and you can join me!

Kellie said...

Ouch. Sounds like a craptastic week.

Tiggerlane said...

#4 totally qualifies you. I think anytime we can exercise restraint, it is a good deed!

susan said...

You are nothing less than a saint!

yellowdog granny said...

like i always say when people say to me'how's it going?'....body count is low...
so if i haven't killed anyone yet...that's my good deed for the day..

dawn said...

Great post. The funny thing is, I wasn't going to do fun Monday and told hubby that I hadn't really gone out to do something purposely to write about. He said "you could write that you let me live for the last two weeks". I can't believe that was the first one on your list.

Pamela said...

very magnanimous of you.
Hope your hubby appreciates it.
(:

Serina Hope said...

And you said you did nothing... These are great.