Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Emma's Book Swap


I don't know if I've ever mentioned it in this blog, but I love to get mail. Just like I did when I was eight. Or twelve. Or just always, I've always loved to get mail.

And yesterday I got my favorite kind of mail. Well, my favorite kind that doesn't include a check made out to me. With commas and decimal places. Anyway, I received books in the mail!

As part of Emma's book swap, I received the following from the lovely Lisa over at Lisa's Chaos: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, Velocity by Dean Koontz and The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen. They all sound like great books and I can't wait to get started reading them. Mini book reports at a later time, ok, after I've done some reading.

She also sent me a great cross stitched bookmark. Thanks so much, Lisa! You did a wonderful job.

However, I, being the Queen of Procrastination, waited until the last moment to mail my books. Then I got held up at the doctor's office. So mine went out this morning, a day late. So send me Facebook headbutts and bitch slaps all you want! I'm bad. I know. But they're on their way via Priority Mail, late, but on their way. I promise to be better next time!

6 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I'm totally a procrastinator. I didn't even participate because I didn't want to screw someone over due to my negligence.

Jennifer said...

"The Lovely Bones" is a great read. A little heavy, but worth sticking with. Hate Dean Koontz!!

Emma in Canada said...

As I said over at facebook, I am glad to hear you got your books and that you think you will enjoy them.

I am sure your swap partner will be okay with her package being a bit late.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Oooooh!! I read Ugly Duckling. You'll have to let me know what you think about it!

Rachel said...

I've read The Lovely Bones. It is a great book!

angel said...

i'm a horrendous procrastinator... and i'm on facebook too!!!