Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Sweet Talkin' Man


(Lying in bed, trying to get Punkin' to take his nap. For a long time. Unsuccessfully.)

Punkin' be quiet and still and go to sleep. I'm not going to tell you again.

I'm sorry, Mommy.

It's ok. Just go. to. sleep.

I'm sorry you hit me and pinched me. (I promise I wasn't beating the child, even if I thought about it!)

(Silence)

Go. to. sleep.

It's gonna be my birthday and you're gonna make me a big ole birthday cake a beautiful birthday cake a birthday cake with animals. (All in one breath, I'm not just punctuationally challenged!)

I love birthday cakes.......

and I love you.

I love you, too, sweetie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He never did take his nap. I guess I'll let him get by with it this time.

11 comments:

The Chick said...

I just love your blog! So cute!

Jennie said...

That is so sweet. What a great boy!

What kind of cake are you making? I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Feener said...

hahhh, sounds like my world to a tee

Serina Hope said...

Gosh, how is he supposed to nap with you hitting and pinching him? That is precious.

Kimberly said...

Hee hee hee....what a cutie!

buddha_girl said...

Priceless stuff, I tell ya! I think Punkin and Buddha are somehow cosmically alligned.

Buddha does some of the same stuff at naptime...just when I'm ready to disembowel myself!

Mommapeas said...

Oh my, I would've taken him to Chuck E Cheese or something. With that sweet talker by my side, he could do anything he wants!

Catwoman said...

Wow! You should be flattered! You're as loved as birthday cake? That's pretty huge!

And I love how he's sorry that you BEAT him, bwa haha!

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing how they can trick us.

And lie about us too. But at least he's sorry, ya know.

"MommaDrool" said...

I like that your child thinks you abuse him too...

The Fred's favorite new dialogue is,

The Fred: "I'm scared."

Whomever is listening: "What are you scared of?"

The Fred: "I'm scared of my Momma."

I'm just waiting for DHR to show up at my door...

metaDAD said...

the next time you're in the bookstore, look up a great kids book, "Sleepy Boy." This post reminds me of it.