Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Pecked by a Chicken



I always wanted my Punkin' to be special, to stand out from the crowd.

But not this way.

He was so proud to tell Daddy that the chicken had pecked him and that he had the "chicken poffs". However, it seems the chicken left him alone last night as I don't see any "pecks" this morning or any signs of scratching.

Ok, before I could post this - or even finish it- our pediatrician called us back. It seems they have seen cases of CP after vaccination. Just like the CDC said, they tend to be very light cases. After describing Punkin's symptoms she said it did seem like he had indeed been pecked, but that he had the best possible type of infection (he's special, remember?).

Since he has no fever - nor has he had one -, his pecks aren't "pustules", and they aren't increasing in number, she said he was fine to go back to school tomorrow. I think, however, they we'll stay pretty close to home until Monday, just to be safe.

I don't want to be that Mom!

11 comments:

Catwoman said...

Well, as long as Punkin is excited by the whole thing, I guess you're ok, right?

AnGlOpHiLe FoOtBaLl FaNaTiC said...

I'm happy for him! It's fun to have poffs! Now, you need to go sing Ring Around the Rosy with him to accompany his plague age illness.

ohio blue eyes said...

congratulations on having a special, disease, picker upper of a son! it seems he and TP should be married, as she likes to get croup in the middle of @(!)!#_)(#*$ summer...

Kimberly said...

Good for you for playing it safe!

That Chick Over There said...

My son got chicken pox even after the vaccine too! Crassy!

Serina Hope said...

That is just crazy. I am glad that he is happy about it though. That does make it a little better, no? I think you are right to proceed with caution.

angel said...

yoohoooooooo- FOUND YOU!!
aw shaaaame!!!
i don't remember my damien being vaccinated for cp... i figured it was just one of those things kids get!
good idea keeping him home!

Kellie said...

How craptastic is that.....

Good plan to keep him home just in case!

Mommapeas said...

Right on Pumpkin for having such a brave spirit! Here's to his poffs healing quickly!

nell said...

I know no mother wants her child to get sick, but this isn't the first time this has happened with the CP vaccine. It just sort of makes me wonder what the point of this one is really.

I'm glad Punkin had the best possible kind! I had CP at age 12, and they were no fun at all.

Rachel said...

My cousin had the vaccine and still got a mild case. Glad he's feeling good though and yay for no fever and itching!