Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Kids Are So Funny


I wear contacts and they have really been bothering me today. This evening I was sitting at the table with a mirror, trying to see if there was something in my right eye which was causing my discomfort.

Punkin' crawled up on the table to see what I was doing. I explained to him that Mommy's eye hurt and that I was looking to see if something was in it. He wanted to know what was in my eye. I told him it felt like I had a baby hippopotamus in my eye.

You should have seen the look on his face!

He jumped down, ran to find his Daddy, and from the other room I heard:

Daddy! Daddy! Come in here! Mommy has a baby hippopotamus in her eye! Come, quick, come!

He was soooo serious. It was soooo funny. Maybe you had to be there.

I guess it just proves you need to watch what you say around kids. And not just the f word!



7 comments:

buddha_girl said...

Ooooooooh I love that Punkin!!!!

Buddha's got a hippo puppet that he's suddenly discovered. I should wait until he forgets about it and send it to you so you can slap that sucker on your eye for Punkin!

Kellie said...

Punkin'? FUNNY! :)

Serina Hope said...

That is great. I too exadurate and my kids take me serious all of the time. I had to literally force myself to stop saying "I am going to kill so and so." Seems like Super Z loves to tell people of their impending doom. "My Mommy is going to kill you, Mimi." What fun.

lisa's chaos said...

I made it through them all.

You made it easy.

With the way the flowed into each other.

I for got how to spell flowed for a moment, guess I'm still sleepy.

We have a lot in common.

But you scare me too. :)

Not really.

Good to get to know you.

Happy 100 posts!

Catwoman said...

That is hysterical!

Kimberly said...

As the wife of an Optometrist, I just have to ask.

What kind of lenses are you wearing??

"MommaDrool" said...

I love it! Alex is notorious for repeating my sarcasm...the other day she said, "I am such a crackhead," after she lost her chapstick!