Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Blogger vs. WordPress - WTF?


I keep reading these blogs - yes, I read blogs - and I continually run across people who have moved their blogs from Blogger to WordPress. Is WordPress that different? That much better? Some answers from you bloggers (small b here) who are more in the know than me would be great.

I've yet to run across a blog which moved from WordPress to Blogger. Is that because it doesn't happen or am I just missing something? I. Must. Know.

Being a blog addict and suffering from OCD, if there is a bigger, better blog host out there I need to know about it and have it for myself!!!! And soon, too. Maybe even tonight.

Well, I need it as long as I don't have to change my layout because DAMN!! That was a lot of work.

7 comments:

Willowtree said...

I trialled Wordpress for about a month, wasn't overly impressed. Too slow and cumbersome for my liking.

I'm sure people go from WP to Blogger.

LauraC said...

Blogger has occasional glitches but I think ever since Google bought it, it's vastly improved. When I started my blog two years ago, I know I had a lot more technical issues, but I didn't want to pay for WordPress.

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

For WP to be worth it, you must have a self-hosted URL. The free WP stuff doesn't allow for custom templates, sidebar bling....

I thought of switching, but it wasn't worth it, although I AM having MAJOR blogger/Internet Explorer problems now.

Kimberly said...

I found WordPress too difficult to use. I love blogger, despite to occasional glitches.

CakeHead said...

I've heard what Jennifer said. It has some fun extra features but it's not worth it unless you self-host. I created an account on Wordpress and was like WTF? I have to PAY to change my freaking header? If I ever get popular enough (hardy har har), I'll consider getting my own domain. But for right now, Blogger keeps me perfectly happy. I've never had a problem with it.

Heather said...

I looked into it to self host (which is through wordpress.org, not .com) and I had massive brain cramps trying to figure that tech talk out.

I'll be sitting tight at blogger for quite a while!

Emma in Canada said...

I've had a wordpress blog since April with nary a thing on it. I'd tell you it's because it's too difficult to move everything over (and it probably is for a computer eejit such as myself) but in reality I am just a lazy arse.