Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Bad Mommy - or not...


Punkin' will you bring Mommy that book over there?

No, I don't want to.

OK. I don't want to get you treats or make your lunch or wash your clothes.

I want to get the book!!!!

Here's the book. Mommy, I love you.

I love you too, Punkin'.

--------------------

So am I a bad Mommy? I thought getting things for me was part of the bargain. You know, you scratch my back, I change your diaper clean your nose wipe your ass scratch yours. Sometimes I'm torn by my lack of selflessness (that is a word, isn't it?). Yet my laziness always seems to over rule any amount of torn I feel.

Regardless, I got my book. Now if I can just show him how to scoop the litter box........

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ooooh...I'm going to remember that tactic for future reference.

My diagnosis? Smart Mom.

nell said...

Oh, I have SO done that! And hey, there's nothing wrong with trying to maintain a reciprocal relationship with your toddler, I truly believe that.

Jennifer said...

The only reason I had children was so they could fetch and carry for me. I can't afford servants so that was the next best option! And trust me, he is not too young to learn how to clean the bathroom with Clorox wipes!!

Catwoman said...

You are brilliant. You need to write a how-to book for the rest of us.