Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

I Love Being A Mom


The OCD took over again today with my blog skin. The laptop was in my lap from Punkin's first milk until mid morning. Then I caught myself snapping at him because he was trying to get my attention and was hitting my computer.

What a bitch! I felt like so ashamed.

I closed the laptop and played with my baby. I am staying home to be with him, not to blog. As much as I enjoy this, I've got to get my priorities straight. Starting today. (I know I've said this before, but I'm a little slow - OCD remember?)

So I apologized to him for being a butt. Of course he said it was ok. Then we had a ton of fun the rest of the morning. We played with his animals - all ten million of them. We played with his trains. We talked about birthday parties and his friends. We watched I-Spy and Wow! Wow! Wubbzy. I love that boy.

Of course I had the computer glued to my lap from the minute he went to sleep until the minute he woke up. But that's not violating any rules is it? Except the housekeeping ones, but hey, something has to suffer. Right?

Then, the big payoff. The thing that makes all of the late nights (not because of Punkin', but catching up on my feeds and the DVR), the tight budgets, the lack of adult conversation, and the butt wiping worth while.

I was cooking a gourmet dinner bbq sandwiches, fries and Scooby-Doo Mac & Cheese. Now Scooby is the shit around here, so this was a big deal. So I am slaving over a hot stove stirring the macaroni and Punkin' comes flying to the edge of the bar in the kitchen.

Mommy, I love Scooby-Doo mac & cheese. I love it so much. It is my favorite.

I love mac & cheese. Thank you for getting it for me.

I love you.


Of course I wiped my heart up off of the floor, stopped slaving stirring and gave him a big hug. These are the times when you forget all of the crap and just revel in being a Mom. If I was younger and had more money I'd have 15 more! Oh, and if I could actually manage to get pregnant and stay that way, but that's beside the point.

Now if Hubby could get it as together as his two year old son has it, his life would be so much easier.

Punkin' has soooo much to teach him....

2 comments:

Dx said...

Always wondered why moms always rave about being moms, while dads never seem to rave about being dads. Why is that? Senior Management said I was too late asking but, hey, what the hell - never too late to learn, is it?

Catwoman said...

Oh the sweetness that is your Punkin. Yeah, our boys are good. And someday, when they're at a strip joint together with Random Mommy's Buddha, their wives/girlfriends will forgive them in a heartbeat, because really, how could they not with those faces and smooth talking?