Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

She Flies Through the Air With the Greatest of Ease...


At my book club tonight I was mentioning a tumble me and Punkin' took down the stairs to our basement. Here are the gruesome details. Sorry for another crappy post, but damn, I'm boring as hell and totally uncreative sleepy.

I was headed out to the last day of work at my old job (yes, I used to work, once upon a time) and Punkin' was headed to daycare. Our garage is in the basement so there is no avoiding the stairs. Punkin' was only 18 months old at the time and wasn't so great at the stairs yet. Usually I would hold his hand and we would go down slowly, but it was my last day at the job and I was in a hurry so I was carrying him, along with my purse.

At the first stair I took a tumble. Punkin' stayed up at about stair 4 or 5, but I made my graceful way on to the bottom. Photos of the damage follow....

This is the view from the top of the stairs. There are ten steps. I fell, bounced, tumbled, soared down every last one of them. Those black marks are from my shoes, which were on my feet (duh), which were over my head. They don't normally go there. Just ask Hubby.



The hole is where my knee went into the sheetrock. If felt oh so good.
I hit the wall, made the hole and then turned, continuing down the steps below the landing to end up on the basement floor. Which wasn't carpeted. And was hard. Very hard. If you look just above the bottom door hinge you'll see another shoe mark. I ended up over to the left of the door, in a crumpled pile. I still went to work because I am a dedicated and kick ass employee stupid.
***********************
On a less painful note, photos of the goody boxes containing the potty training bribes rewards. They really worked wonders.

Note to all future potty trainers: Recycle. Your. Rewards.

Forget time out. Reward the kid, then when he pisses you off misbehaves, take the reward away and reuse it. If we had thought of this ahead of time we would have spent a lot less on goodies.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, I thought I was the queen of falls, but you are the master!! I bow before you!! Awesome hole in the sheetrock!
Love the recycling idea; have you thought about submitting that to "Parents" magazine?

ohio blue eyes said...

OMG, your body had to be so sore after that fall. Good lord woman!

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

Wow, that's quite a tumble!

Emma in Canada said...

I have never laughed so hard as I did reading that. I am horrid and find other people's pain amusing. Now I'll get back to your tales of the potty, an adventure I am going through myself.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Holy Crap Woman! I surrender to your clumsiness, I thought my fall with the Munchkin was bad, but I don't have any marks on the wall like that.

M said...

omgomgomg how did you survive that? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Mommapeas said...

OMG. I think I might still be avoiding the basement (hard I'm sure but I take pride in my cowardice).

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Holy man!! That is one HELL of a fall. Thank god you were okay! How did Punkin' react?

Serina Hope said...

That is crazy! I am glad that you were both unscathed. You are lucky that you didn't break something.

lisa's chaos said...

Punkin got lucky he stayed near the top and so did you, his added weight could have hurt you further. I'm shocked you went to work. I probably would have cried my way back to bed.

Kaytabug said...

OMG that is crazy! You are so lucky you didn't get more hurt and Punkin' is so very lucky he got off that ride when he did!!

Tiggerlane said...

Is is sick that I am laughing my head off?? Oh. My. GAWD. The shoe marks...HYSTERICAL. The knee mark? OUCH!