Life in the Fish Bowl

welcome

Roommate Reunion


A few weeks ago I became reaquainted with my college roommate thanks to Classmates.com. We haven't seen or talked to each other since 1986 or 87. Wow, we sure are old. Probably were talking, just couldn't hear each other! After a few failed attempts at getting together, she is coming for a visit tomorrow. I can't wait! I have missed her these past years.

When were were roommates in 1985-86 there was no email, no MySpace, no Classmates.com. You had to put a little bit more effort into staying in touch and obviously we didn't exert ourselves. Maybe it is age that makes you realize how important your friends are and that making the extra effort to stay in touch is really important. Or maybe it is being a stay at home mom and spending most days only talking to a two year old that makes you want to renew old connections. Regardless of the motivation, I am excited to see my friend once more and don't plan to lose touch again. Of course, after she comes to my messy house (once again, I'm on the internet instead of straightening up the house) she may change her mind!

The painters are done now, but need too make a follow up visit - it pisses me off so I won't go into it. Even though there is still work to be done, it definitely is an improvement. It looks sooo much better. Getting rid of nearly all of the beige makes it feel so much more like home. Now if I can just find the time to finish Aidan's room, the bathroom, the laundry room, the hallway, the front yard, the back yard ......aaaaaaaaaggghhhhhh it never ends!

0 comments: